VASS is seeking some help this season and in future seasons. We are seeking a 6 month contract, work from home, Admin Assistant to work 30hrs a week in aiding our Executive Director in all forms of communication and fundraising initiatives.
Please read the details of the role below and apply with cover letter and CV / Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
Vancouver Adaptive Snow Sports
Work From Home
Temporary – Annual Renewal Possible
- administrative assistant, 3 years (Preferred)
- Lower Mainland, BC (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Vancouver Adaptive Snow Sports (VASS) is a non-profit that runs skiing and snowboarding programs for persons with a disability at Grouse, Seymour and Cypress Mountains. VASS is operated by an Executive Director supported by a book-keeper and a dedicated group of volunteers, including an active Board of Directors, program coordinators, and instructors. You can find more information about VASS at www.vass.ca.
We are hiring an Administrative Assistant to assist the Executive Director with registration and database management, communications, fundraising and website updates.
Duties and responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will be required for a minimum of 2 hours, between the hours 8am-12pm, Monday to Friday, and the rest of the hours are flexible. The role includes a variety of administrative duties such as:
- Review emails and either respond or redirect to the correct person.
- Prepare and distribute monthly newsletter using Constant Contact or similar platform. Collaborate for content with key stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain email lists.
- Manage our proprietary database and registration program, which will include updating volunteer profiles, criminal record check management, student registration, assisting program coordinators in weekly scheduling, and communication with all required parties. Training and support will be provided for this program.
- Update website as needed: edit text, upload images and create links on landing pages using WordPress
- Help manage Google Drive and update content to reflect current season.
- Assist in planning and execution of the annual VASS SNOWFEST Fundraiser and Movie Night, work closely with ED and planning committees for direction.
Requirements and skills
- Completion of Grade 12, plus training or experience in secretarial work, business or office administration, or communications.
- Three years of recent related experience in a similar role.
- Successful local police check and Provincial Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Clearance
- Familiarity with managing email through platforms such as Constant Contact, Gmail etc.
- Experience with WordPress an asset.
- Be comfortable using either PC or Apple computer and accompanying programs like Microsoft and/or iWork.
- Excellent people and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Flexibility, as the work will evolve during the season and the balance of tasks will vary.
- Strong organisation skills and ability to work independently
- Knowledge of the ski/snowboard industry is a big plus and having passion for the snow and playing in it is a must.
- $18-25 per hour based on experience
- Season ski pass for Grouse Mountain
- Access to ski or ride improvement training sessions.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please. email@example.com
Contract length: 6 months
Expected start date: Oct 3, 2022
Job Type: Temporary & possible annual reoccurrence.
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
- Casual Dress
- Work from Home
- Monday to Friday with flexibility – 30hrs week
This is a work from home role with ZOOM based meeting to maintain social distancing during this COVID time.