We are working our hardest to get the safest possible solutions to make a return to adaptive snow sports in Vancouver. As a first step, you can view our first version of a Return to Sport plan. It outlines many of the initial steps that are being taken to prepare us for this coming season. This document has yet to be approved by the Board of Directors and will be presented to them Oct 14, 2020. As we continue to move forward there will be more updates, and protocols added to this webpage. In the future you will be able to find links for all trainings directed for volunteers and students. Thank you for taking this journey with us. Click link below to see what we are planning.
IMPORTANT Highlights ***
ALL STUDENTS WILL NOW REQUIRE A BUBBLE PERSON – someone that is in their bubble and can ski or snowboard at a level that is equal to or greater than the student. This way, will be able to have an experienced instructor join your group and all together enjoy adventure of snow sports while keeping everyone COVID safe.
BUBBLE PEOPLE: Will have the opportunity to complete the CADS 1 course making them instructors in the lesson. If taking the CADS 1 course is not an option, BUBBLE PEOPLE will required to do online training before the season starts, to learn how to be effective in a lesson and may have responsibilities such as:
- safely helping a student up from the snow
- loading and unload chairlifts and carpets
- being an effective blocker in a lesson
- properly assist a student in putting on ski/snowboard gear
- lifting and transferring a students into sit skis
- how to secure the strapping on a sit ski
- using a giant pole to safely direct a ski or boarder
- how effectively communicate with the lead instructor
Here is a video to describe a little more about the role and how you can signup as a BUBBLE PERSON and click here to get to the registration page.