The VASS Snowfest, March 11, 2023, is a fun day of activities and celebration for the VASS Community. This year we are also adding new activities with the goal of ensuring there’s something fun for EVERYONE.
Join us on beautiful GROUSE MOUNTAIN and help us make the VASS Snowfest our biggest and best event yet! There are many ways to take part; either race down the CUT in a fun race, participate in the adventure course that would be suitable to any ability, or offer to be a volunteer to help make this amazing day happen!
There are 2 parts to the event.
PART 1 – Tickets are FREE for any current VASS students and instructors. Friends and family can join for only $25 each to come and ski or ride for the day. This part of the event is from 7:30am-12:30pm. If you are a VASS student and need support skiing, sit skiing or snowboarding, we will do our very best to arrange for certified instructors to ensure a great experience. This is a fabulous opportunity for families to come and ski or ride together, take a walk through the beautiful woods at Grouse, ride the sleigh, meet other VASS participants and create some amazing memories. There is NO limit on the number of people that can come to enjoy this event. Registration is required.
PART 2 – There is an APRES PARTY!! This is an ADD ON ticketed event. All VASS students and instructors and any other people that have come to enjoy the day can purchase a ticket for $30. Your ticket will include a burger and beer (or soft drink) and dessert. The APRES event will go from 12:30-2:30 and will include great music so we can have a dance party and celebrate VASS!! Our top fundraisers from the VASS-A-THON will be recognized and one Program will be awarded the VASS CUP for biggest average funders. This event is limited to 160 people and will be first come/first served. Registration is required to attend.
There are so many ways you can take part in the VASS Snowfest:
- RACE – Take part in the FUN ski/board “race” on the Cut – anyone that registers for the race will have all time posted on our website to review later.
- ADVENTURE COURSE- try out our all-levels, non-race ski/snowboard/snowboots adventure course on Paradise (non-skiers welcome!)
- EXPERIENCE ZONE – try a mini-VASS lesson in the Experience Zone including sit skiing and using outriggers
- LIGHT WALK – go a wonderful tour through the woods of Grouse Mountain which will includes the light tunnel, bridge walks and visiting the Feast House, and indigenous long house built for education. Also find the hidden cavings located along the paths.
- ICE SKATING – Head down to the ice rink atop the mountain and go a few laps around the ice. Skates can be rented at the top of the mountain or bring your own.
- GO SKI and RIDE- maybe this is just hth perfect opportunity to go and ski or ride with some friends and family. It is after all one of the best things about alpine mountain sports.
Whatever you decide to do, you’ll be sure to experience the #VASSmagic!
Your support for the VASS Snowfest makes it possible for VASS to provide individuals with a disability, access to the mountains and to increase their self-confidence, motivation and independence through outdoor recreation. Read Ritchie’s incredible story…
We are so thankful for our PREVIOUS VASS Cup & Snowfest Sponsors, whose support has a huge impact on our programs and community!
If you have any questions about volunteering either before or during the event, please contact Leila at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing everyone at this year’s VASS Snowfest!
*Photos courtesy of Mark Teasdale.